This easy salted caramel sauce recipe is so so so good with just enough salt to make this absolutely addictive, and oh so yummy . . . use with caution. You might not be able to stop. This 4 ingredient recipe is so simple to make that you won’t have to, either!
The worst part, or best part?, is that it’s delightful on everything!
1 cup granulated sugar
6 Tablespoons salted butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon salt
- Heat granulated sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once sugar is melted, add the butter.
- Stir the butter into the caramel until it is completely melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add 1/2 cup of heavy cream while stirring.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 teaspoon of salt. The sauce will thicken as it cools.