Yields 12 3x3 inch brownies
A thick, moist, intensely chocolate brownie swirled with peanut butter. These can easily be gluten free using almond or coconut flour.
10 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
1/2 cup flour (use almond or coconut for a gluten free option)
1 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 sticks (10 TBSP) unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease the inside of a 9 x 13 baking pan. (Using a smaller pan will increase baking time).
- In a medium sized microwave safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add the eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla to the melted butter, and stir until very well mixed.
- Next, add the cocoa powder and stir until completely smooth.
- Finally, stir in the flour until evenly combined, but do not over mix.
- Pour (I use the term loosely - this is thick!) the batter into the baking pan and spread it evenly.
- In a microwave safe vessel, melt the peanut butter for about 30 seconds, or until it will pour easily.
- Pour melted peanut butter over brownie batter and use a butter knife to swirl the peanut butter into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until the edges of the brownie pull away from the pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.