The sweet taste of tomatoes always reminds me of summer! And these little beauties are even sweeter after being roasted just long enough for the sugars to begin to caramelize and for them to literally burst open with flavor. If you’ve lucky enough to find yourself with an abundance of cherry tomatoes and you’re not quite sure what to do with all of them – do this! All you need are tomatoes, a little oil, a little salt, and about ten minutes . . . super easy and so worth the effort!
Yields 2 servings
10 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
1/4 teaspoon of salt (add more if desired)
2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Put the oil in the pan - I used olive oil but any oil will do.
- Place the pan over medium-low heat and wait for it to heat up.
- Add the tomatoes to the heated pan. Salt the tomatoes.
- Stir occasionally to brown evenly on all sides.
- Cook about 10 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to burst open.