A deliciously easy one pot lemon spaghetti recipe with rosemary and lemon chicken that will impress the pants off your dinner guests! I made this dish with spaghetti but it will work perfectly with any semolina pasta.
I’ve been trying to grow more of our food, and it’s honestly a lot harder than I expected. It’s not going well. The plants at the garden center were actually recoiling as I walked by. So far the only survivors in my garden are rosemary and kale. When we lived in Utah I blamed by black thumb on the arid climate, but we’re in the deep south now where everything grows easily and well. Unless I plant those things in my garden.
Serves 4 - 6
5 minPrep Time
45 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
1 pound uncooked pasta
4 - 6 uncooked chicken thighs
3 whole meyer lemons
3 tbsp olive oil
4 heavy cream
1 cup chopped kale
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 sprig of fresh Rosemary
1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
4 1/2 cups water
- Zest and then juice 2 of the lemons. Slice the third lemon for garnish. Set aside.
- Coat a large pan with 3 tbsp of olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Finely chop 1 tbsp rosemary with 1 tbsp lemon zest. Gently lift the skin on the top of the chicken thighs and rub the mixture between the meat and the skin. Smooth skin back and lightly salt / pepper the chicken thighs.
- Place thighs face down in the heated pan and cook until the juices are moving through the top of the chicken - approximately 10-15 minutes - then flip and cook until juices are clear. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock to the pan and deglaze (stir the liquid around until all the yummy cooked on bits of chicken have dissolved in the liquid).
- Add lemon juice, remaining lemon zest, 4 1/2 cups water, and 1 pound of uncooked pasta.
- Turn heat to high and stir until pasta starts to soften, then add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and kale. Continue to stir until pasta is al dente, then remove from heat.
- Place cooked chicken on top of pasta and garnish with rosemary and lemon slices. Serve immediately.