5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
16 ounces of spaghetti (or gluten free pasta)
4 1/2 cups of water
1 tablespoon of canola oil
4 slices of bacon
3 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup of skim milk
3/4 cups of shredded Parmesan cheese
8 basil leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat a large pot or pan with canola oil and place over medium - high heat. Once pan is preheated, cut the bacon in half and put it in the pan. Cook until crispy, flipping once, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside to cool. Drain bacon grease from pan and reserve in a clean jar if desired. Once bacon is cool, crumble it up and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs until well combined and then stir in the shredded Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Peel and finely dice the cloves of garlic. Saute the diced garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the uncooked spaghetti and 4 1/2 cups of water to the pan and increase the heat to high. Stir until water is fully absorbed. (Gluten Free Option: Omit this step and cook a box of gluten free pasta according to package instructions. Drain.)
- Reduce heat to low. Pour the egg and cheese mixture into the pasta and stir quickly to combine. Sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top and mix it in, then add sale and pepper to taste.
- Serve with basil leaves, either whole or cut into ribbons.