Korean BBQ Burgers stuffed with mozzarella cheese and topped with a quick spicy red cabbage kimchi – yes, please. Winter’s almost over, and that means it’s time to dust off the grill and get ready for long evenings, backyard barbecues, and burgers. And when you want to impress the pants off your guests, these cheese stuffed, Korean barbecue covered, kimchi topped beefy bits of heaven are the way to go! Looks delicious – tastes even better. Assembly is quick and easy, and this whole burger is done in 30 minutes!
The Korean BBQ Sauce recipe is here:
Isn’t that quick kimchi gorgeous?
Wouldn’t you love to serve these at your next barbecue?
Yields 6 servings
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
6 ounces mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup Korean BBQ Sauce
3 cups shredded red cabbage
2 cups white vinegar
1/4 cup dried hot peppers
1 cup sugar or artificial sweetener
6 hamburger buns
- Add vinegar and sugar or sweetener to a large bowl. Stir until dissolved. Add shredded cabbage and peppers and combine. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl combine the ground beef, ground pork, pepper, and salt. Portion into 12 even portions and shape into patties.
- Slice mozzarella cheese into 6 even portions. Place one portion in the center of 6 of the patties, then top with remaining 6 patties. Pinch the edges together to seal the cheese inside the patties.
- Stovetop Cooking Directions: Preheat a well oiled pan over medium heat. Cook patties for 12 minutes per side or until done. Brush with Korean BBQ Sauce and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Gas Grill Directions: Preheat grill. Cook patties over medium heat for 20 - 25 minutes until done. Brush with Korean BBQ Sauce and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Top with chilled Sweetly Spicy Red Cabbage Relish and add additional Korean BBQ Sauce as desired.
- Serve immediately.