Chocolate + peanut butter + toasted marshmallows = A delicious gluten free dessert skillet that’s easy to make and gets lots of ooooh’s and aaaaah’s. 30 minutes from start to finish and unending adoration is yours. Warning: your family will ask you to make this all the time. Nonstop. Over and over and over. If you make this for guests they may never leave.
It’s so easy to make! Whip up a quick 4 ingredient peanut butter cookie dough, spread it out, and bake it.
Then add chocolate chips and marshmallows, and bake a little longer:
Finish with a quick and easy chocolate sauce.
Wouldn’t this be perfect for your next barbecue?
And there it is: gooey melted marshmallow.
And gooey melted chocolate – on top of a cinnamon peanut butter cookie.
Serves 10 - 12
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
1 cup peanut butter - crunchy or smooth
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 bag marshmallows
1/2 bag chocolate chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 TBSP half and half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Liberally butter the inside of a 10 inch cast iron skillet or 9x9 baking dish.
- Add the egg, peanut butter, cinnamon, and sugar to a medium bowl and mix well. Spread the resulting dough evenly on the bottom of the baking vessel.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, then remove from oven.
- Dump 1/2 bag of chocolate chips on top of the cookie and distribute evenly.
- Slice the marshmallows in half and place evenly on top of the chocolate chips. More or less than half a bag may be needed and will vary depending on the size of the baking vessel used.
- Set oven to broil and return the s'mores to the oven. Broil for roughly 5 minutes, checking often so the marshmallows don't burn. Don't panic is they suddenly begin to smoke - just pull the s'mores out when the marshmallows have turned a lovely shade of brown. NOTE: marshmallows get bigger in the oven, so don't put the pan too close to the broiler!
- While the marshmallows are broiling, add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 2 TBSP of half and half to a microwave safe container. Alternate cooking for 15 seconds with stirring until the mixture becomes a syrup. Drizzle on top of the s'mores and serve immediately.