I can’t even believe how easy this is to make! And because I’m feeding 4 ravenous kids (including 2 teenage boys!) and 2 adults this summer, I’m all about easy meals that are quick, hands off, and work for more than just one meal. The gooey cheese and pepperoni make even the pick eaters happy – huge win! Everyone loves pizza!
Cooking the pasta took 10 minutes. Assembling the casserole in the crock pot took less than 5.
The whole house smells like a pizzeria while it’s cooking! This would be a great addition to a summer barbecue menu, or to throw together before heading off the the beach, or the lake, or a sporting event. Coming home to food that cooks itself while you’re gone is pure magic.
I used 1 box of rigatoni, 1/2 box of penne (because it was already open), 1 jar of Classico Tomato and Basil, 1 jar of Classico Caramalized Onion and Roasted Garlic, and a shredded Mexican 4 cheese blend I buy in bulk at Sam’s Club.
Yields 10 servings
15 minPrep Time
3 hrCook Time
3 hr, 15 Total Time
1 1/2 lbs ( 1 and 1/2 boxes / 24 oz) uncooked pasta
8 cups of shredded cheese
1 package of pepperoni
2 24 oz jars of pasta sauce
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Pour one jar of pasta sauce into an empty 6 quart or larger crockpot.
- Add 1/2 of the cooked pasta to the crock pot, pressing it down gently into the sauce.
- Layer 1/2 of the pepperoni on top of the pasta.
- Cover the pepperoni with 1/2 of the cheese.
- Add the rest of the pasta to the crock pot.
- Pour the remaining jar of pasta sauce on top of the pasta and spread it around gently and evenly.
- Layer the remaining pepperoni on top of the sauce reserving a few for the very top layer.
- Spread the remaining cheese evenly on top.
- Add any remaining pepperoni and sprinkle with just a little cheese.
- Cook on the low setting for about 3 hours or until all the cheese is melted and gooey. When the cheese in the center is melted and bubbly - it's done!