Are you using Yummly? Here’s why you should be!
Everyone at my house – all 5 of us – are eating a different ‘specialty’ diet. It’s crazy. We have one person doing a doctor ordered low carb diet, one AIP Paleo, one gluten free & dairy free, one ethical vegan, and one toddler who thinks the main food groups are chocolate, ice cream, and popsicles. That’s why I’m thrilled to have found Yummly, and to be a publisher too! Recipes on Yummly can be filtered by ‘diets’ like low carb and Paleo and vegan and gluten free (and chocolate) or by ingredient, which makes feeding all of us so much easier.
It’s really easy to get started – just click on the orange Y share button at the top, bottom, or left side of any recipe and you’ll be prompted to make your very own recipe box where you can save all your favorites, and then search the Yummly site for whatever tickles your fancy. Don’t forget to check out my publisher page!
Doesn’t this cheesey bacon rotini look delicious? It’s so easy to make! Cook some rotini according to package directions – use a gluten free pasta and this is a gluten free dish. While the pasta is cooking, make the cheese sauce in the blender. Drain the cooked pasta and put it in a large pan or a casserole dish, and then pour the cheese sauce over the top of the pasta.
Stir the pasta to evenly coat it with cheese sauce, then layer with sliced grilled chicken – or use rotisserie chicken – and sliced mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle crumbled bacon on top and then bake until the cheese is all melted and gooey and yummy –
And then you get to scoop this onto plates for your family – and win their undying admiration.
My kids were squealing with excitement, and there were zero leftovers. I’m still in shock.
Bacon. Melty cheese. Creamy sauce. My toddler’s favorite ‘springy’ pasta. And bacon. I know I already said bacon, but it’s worth repeating. Bacon. Because love can be bought – with bacon.
Serves 4 - 6
30 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
1 pound of Rotini
1 pint of fat free cottage cheese
8 slices of mozzarella cheese
8 slices of bacon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
4 1/2 cups water or broth
- Dump 1 pint of cottage cheese, salt, and garlic powder into a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy. Taste and add more salt and garlic powder to taste. Set aside.
- Fry bacon over medium heat in an oven safe large pan until crispy, crumble and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the bacon fat from the pan, and then add 4 1/2 cups of water and 1 pound of uncooked rotini to the pan. Place over high heat and stir like crazy until all the water is absorbed - if you stop stirring the rotini will stick to the pan!
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Pour cottage cheese mixture over the rotini and stir until the rotini is evenly coated.
- Layer mozzarella slices over the top of the rotini mixture.
- Evenly sprinkle the crumbled bacon on top of the mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 until mozzarella has melted.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!