Christmas is all about two major food groups for me: cookies, and candy canes! Combining the two – heavenly!
Don’t those cookies look yummy? How about festive? What if I said they were really, really easy to make? Oh, did I mention that they taste like peppermint patties?
I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a batch of these candy cane covered balls of chocolate bliss were frozen and eaten straight outta the freezer. No, my pants are not available for comment.
Eat these with some hot chocolate. Add a candy cane to the mug. Sit back and realize that yes, Christmas does have a flavor, and this is it!
10 minPrep Time
11 minCook Time
21 minTotal Time
21/4 c All-Purpose Flour
2/3 c Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 c Softened Butter
3/4 c Granulated Sugar
2/3 c Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 Large Eggs
2 c White Chocolate Chips
4 Candy Canes
- Add eggs, vanilla extract, softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine until creamy.
- Slowly add flour, salt, baking soda, and cocoa powder. Mix slowly until combined.
- Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Crush candy canes in a different bowl.
- Roll cookie dough to form small balls, and then dip the top of each ball into the crushed candy canes.
- Place on a baking sheet with candy candy cane side up.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes.