Who doesn’t love buffalo wings? These sliders pull together all the key flavors of hot wings – all that love – without the mess. Because this recipe uses a rotisserie chicken you save time and money (a fully cooked rotisserie chicken is cheaper per pound than uncooked chicken), and the blue cheese dressing is so easy to make – you won’t believe how rich and creamy it is – this is the perfect game day chicken wing substitution. Ten minutes in the kitchen, 7 ingredients, one small pot, one large bowl, and one incredibly big bang for your buck! Seriously, these sliders have all the great taste of hot wings with none of the clean up – what’s not to love?
Wings are quite the big event in our house – everyone loves them, of course, because they’re so good – and I love to hate them! The prep, the deep frying, the mess from cooking, the mess while eating, the cleanup – so I’ve been working hard to find alternatives to hot wings that I can love as much as my family. I definitely adore the ease of these super quick 5 minute buffalo chicken subs, and the taste was a hit:
And this buffalo chicken penne with blue cheese alfredo sauce? So yummy!
So when those buffalo chicken subs were requested again, I decided to up my game. Time to bust out pretzel rolls and blue cheese!
I spent a solid 15 minutes making these buffalo chicken sliders, taking my time and eating the blue cheese dressing by the spoonful. I. Regret. Nothing.
5 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
1 package pretzel rolls
10 oz crumbled blue cheese
16 oz heavy cream
4 Cups cooked chicken
1/2 Cup Frank's Red Hot
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 Cup unsalted butter
- Get a 2 - 3 quart pot. Add the heavy cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, then reduce heat to low and add the blue cheese. Whisk until smooth and remove from heat.
- Put butter in a large microwave safe bowl and melt it - about 45 seconds. Add hot sauce and brown sugar. Heat an additional 30 seconds. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Chop, slice, or shred the chicken. Add chicken to buffalo sauce and stir until coated in hot sauce.
- Pile buffalo chicken on the pretzel rolls.
- Pour the blue cheese sauce on top off the chicken, being careful not to pour it directly into your mouth instead.